Friday, January 8, 2016

Four Years...

This week we celebrated our fourth year as Israelis.

These are things that I've gotten used to saying over the past four years:

This:

  • I do not understand a word of what you just said
  • Oh, please pull in front of me without signalling, and while you're at it, honk at me. Several times. For no reason.
  • I love how you parked on the sidewalk, it's so cool.
  • Hi - the grocery has no eggs.  Or potatoes.
  • Oh, it is going to be yellow outside today.
  • Keep the trisim down, it is April.  We will open them again in November.
  • It is colder inside this apartment than it is outside.
  • No, I do not want the bargain you are offering at the checkout.
  • No, really I don't need after-shave.  Even two bottles.
  • All clothing here is at least twice as expensive as in the US. Whatever.
  • No, I don't know why more Americans don't move to Israel, yes it is their home too
  • Yes, I do understand why you cannot make aliyah at this time in your life
  • I still don't understand a word of what you just said
  • So I have to take this strep stick, go to the lab, wait in line, give it to them, then wait for the results to show up.  Huh. OK. 


But also this:

  • Wherever I go, my entire health portfolio is available on my phone
  • I can make appointments, change them, see test results and get perscriptions online
  • This country is strikingly, dramatically, beautiful beyond words.
And this:


  • I cannot believe we actually live here
  • It's so cool to be living here
  • We live here!
  • We are home!








18 comments:

  1. I would love to use this in a compilation of blogs by olim that I am compiling...please be in touch with me...find me on facebook at Akiva Gersh...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can make appointments, change them, see test results and get perscriptions online
    gclub online
    บาคาร่า online
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete
  3. ฉีดเผาผลาญไขมัน




    สิ่งใหม่





    ฉีดลดแฟตที่ปลอดภัยรวมทั้ง







    มีคุณภาพ



    ที่สุดในโลกที่ศิลปิน



    ฮอลลีวู้ดใช้ ยืนยัน









    ผล







    กับการฉีดลดแฟตที่ยอดเยี่ยม









    ได้ผล



    สูงที่สุด





    ในโลกจากอังกฤษ



    ยุโรป อเมริกาและก็







    กาหลีตัวยาที่ทรงพลัง





    ที่สุดในตอนนี้




    ฉีดสลายไขมัน
    meso fat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. I have very nice topic for you, if you have the time then visit my blog free PSN gift card codes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found this website through google and it works fine for me, allows you to generate up to $100 PSN codes so don’t be greedy
    PSN Code Generator will allow you to add unlimited money in your PlayStation account.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We caught up with a few Microsoft replies on our final day of Epic Games at the show to answer some questions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the information! i was looking for and could not find it. you helped me! i found so many interesting things related to it but not found legitimate information and also found some interesting topic is iTunes Gift card

    ReplyDelete
  8. The deal doesn't end there, as you can discover considerably more movies limited to $6 and $7 each at the present time https://www.bloglovin.com/@holmesgrace/some-big-changes-coming-to-video-gaming-in-3352423

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I am a gaming enthusiast, recommend a good Robux site, where you get quick, cheap and safe Robux free

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post i am inspired to your article. Your writing skill is very different, i like your posts. I share important related topic. For more detail visit How to get Free Google Play Gift Cards?.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I genuinely enjoy reading on this internet site, it contains wonderful posts. “Don’t put too fine a point to your wit for fear it should get blunted.” by Miguel de Cervantes.
    in the internet world some topics are most relevent and followings are that topic.
    Free Robux
    How to get free Robux
    Get Free Robux
    FREE ROBUX ROBLOX
    Earn Free Robux - Redeem Instantly
    Free Robux - Earn
    Earn Free Robux
    free robux websites
    earn robux today
    free robux codes
    Free​ Roblox ​Robux
    all are for free.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very good blog. I appreciate your work. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. I am the gamer and I would like to suggest you something interesting about Minecraft skins
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for the information! I was looking for and could not find. You helped me! I also have something for you. you can Check here

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really appreciate your article. the post has excellent tips which are useful. this post is good in regards of both knowledge as well as information. And you can also check a software for protecting your files and data from damage

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome article! It is in detail and well formatted that i enjoyed reading. which intern helped me to get new information from your blog. I have somethimg new for you to compress and archive your data. Winrar .
    visit here

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep up the good work; I read few posts on this website, including I consider that your blog is fascinating and has sets of the fantastic piece of information. Thanks for your valuable efforts. Here I have BSL Shaders 1.14.4 for minecraft. This helps in enhancing your gaming experience and I sure that you will enjoy it well. You can Download BSL Shader from here.

    ReplyDelete